Lumbar and Hip 12 Hour Seminar Outline
Goals: Upon completion of the course, the provider will have the competencies and skills to:
- Perform the 5 functional tests for lumbar spine and hips
- Accurately measure these tests
- Prioritize the tests to rank importance
- Perform tissue specific Manual Adhesion Release and Instrument Adhesion Release for each restricted test.
- Understand the fundamental concepts behind diagnosis and treatment of adhesion.
- Attendees at this presentation will learn how to accurately measure the normal range for straight leg raise, supine hip flexion, quadruped lumbar flexion, kneeling hip extension, and lumbo pelvic flexion.
- Attendees will learn how to palpate each tissue for adhesion and know how to identify the proper grade quantity (0-3).
- Attendees will learn how to obtain proper tissue depth and direction of tension using MAR treatment procedures.
- Attendees will learn proper instrument grip, position and motion using IAR treatment procedures.
- Attendees will be able to articulate the negative effects of adhesion on human biomechanics and will be taught to effectively communicate these effects to peers and patients.
Day 1: 8:00am-12:00pm
- 8:00 Diagnosis Introduction Overview Concepts Standing Lumbopelvic Flexion (SLPF) Gross Range Assessment: Concept, Instruction and Practice
- 9:00 Technique Lumbar Segmental Flexion Assessment: Concept, Instruction and Practice Multifidus Palpation: Compressive, Adhesion, Tension with Practice Quadruped Lumbar Flexion: Cross Reference with Practice Limited Motion: Tissue Lists, With Motion
- 10:00 Diagnosis Anatomy: Multifidus, Longissimus, Iliocostalis, Supraspinous, Facet Joint Capsule, Psoas Major 11:00 Diagnosis Palpation: Practice Manual Adhesion ReleaseTM (MAR): Overview of Technique and Practice Drill
Day 1: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- 1:00 Technique Manual Adhesion release: Multifidus Manual Adhesion release: Longissimus Manual Adhesion release: Iliocostalis
- 2:00 Technique Manual Adhesion release: Supraspinous Ligament Manual Adhesion release: Lumbar Joint Capsules Manual Adhesion release: Psoas Major
- 3:00 Diagnosis Test- Treat- Retest: Sustainable vs. Reflex Changes SLPF: Hip Assessment, tissue list, cross reference Supine Hip Flexion
- 4:00 Technique Anatomy: Adductor Magnus Manual Adhesion release: Adductor Magnus Anatomy: Posterior Hip Joint Capsule Manual Adhesion release: Posterior Hip Joint Capsule
Day 2: 8:00am-12:00pm
- 8:00 Diagnosis Day 1 Review and Questions Sciatic Nerve Entrapment: Concepts, Anatomy, Nerve Palpation
- 9:00 Technique Manual Adhesion release: Sciatic Nerve with external hip rotators Manual Adhesion release: Bicep Long Head Manual Adhesion release: Bicep Short Head Manual Adhesion release: Adductor Magnus
- 10:00 Technique Manual Adhesion release: Semimembranosus Manual Adhesion release: Semitendinosus Junction Adhesion: Concept and Palpation Manual Adhesion release: Semitendinosus@Bicep Femoris Long Head Manual Adhesion release: Semitendinsous@semimembranosus
- 11:00 Diagnosis Manual Adhesion release: Review of 16 specific tissue applications Integrative Diagnosis: Overview and context within the system Closing Remarks, Questions and Seminar Review